Introduction and definitions
Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It takes various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking, all of which involve the deprivation of a person's liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain:
- Slavery: where ownership is exercised over an individual.
- Servitude: involves the obligation to provide service imposed by coercion.
- Forced and compulsory labour: all work or service, not voluntarily performed, including involuntary prison labour, which is obtained from an individual under the threat of force or penalty.
- Human trafficking: involves arranging or facilitating the travel of another with a view to exploiting them.
- Child labour: whilst not always illegal in the jurisdiction in which it takes places, child labour involves the employment of children that is exploitative, or is likely to be hazardous to, or interfere with, a child’s education, health (including mental health), physical well-being or social development.
CyTrack Intelligence Systems Pty Ltd. recognises our corporate and social responsibilities and strictly prohibits the use of modern slavery or human trafficking in our operations and supply chain. We are committed to implementing systems and controls to ensure that modern slavery is not taking place anywhere within our organisation or in any of our supply chains. We expect that our suppliers will hold their own suppliers to the same high standards.
We will conduct risk assessments to determine which parts of our own business and our supply chains are most at risk from modern slavery so we can focus our efforts on those areas most ‘at risk’.
Where appropriate, as informed by our risk assessment, we will engage directly with new suppliers in respect of our anti-slavery policy. Our contractual documentation will incorporate specific prohibition against slavery or servitude in line with this policy.
Breaches of this policy
Any breach of this policy will be taken seriously and dealt with on a case by case basis. The breach of this policy by an employee may lead to disciplinary action being taken in accordance with our disciplinary procedure. Serious breaches may be regarded as gross misconduct and may lead to immediate dismissal further to our disciplinary procedure.
We reserve the right to terminate any contractual arrangement if there is breach of this policy.
We expect all who have, or plan to have a business relationship with CyTrack Intelligence Systems to familiarise themselves with this policy and to act always in a way that is consistent with its values.